Florafelt Pocket Panels – Hang on Hooks
Lightweight Modular Design
Florafelt’s lightweight modular design with felt pockets on a rigid plastic board make mounting easy. Hanging tabs are provided for hanging on hooks, nails, or deck screws, ideal for small installations in wet areas.
Built In Hanging Tabs
Our Florafelt Pocket Panels come with hanging tabs located at the top corners. You can simply hang them on hooks or even deck screws, nails, or use zip ties. Larger vertical gardens can be created by creating a grid of hooks spaced at 32 inches horizontally and 24 inches vertically. The panels can then be overlapped to create a continuous planting surface.
Simply Hang from Hooks
Florafelt Pocket Panels can be mounted to a wall using hooks arranged in a grid. The hooks are attached to the wall or framing, and the planters are hung by their nylon tabs to form an outward oriented shingle overlap.
Watering the top row of planters allows the water to spread evenly down the wall. This method is suitable for outdoor use but for indoor safety, a rubber pond liner on the wall should be used.
For large installations or for moisture-sensitive areas, it is recommended to consult with a licensed architect for structural advice.
The pockets are then filled with wrapped plants to create your living wall design. The plants will fill in to hide the felt pockets.
304 Stainless Steel Screw-in Hooks, 3/16″ x 2 3/4″
Hook Placement and Panel Installation
- Choose a rigid backing like masonry wall, brick, wood fence, or plywood facing
- Measure and mark a grid pattern 32 inches across and 24 inches high for each 12-pocket planter.
- Measure 1-inch over and 1-inch up from each corner. Include the bottom corners for support at the base.
- Install the recommended hooks.
- Starting at the bottom and working up, hang the panels using their nylon tabs so they shingle outward.
- Where the panels meet, tuck the bottom flap into the panel below and pull the top flap outward.
- Add irrigation, drain tray, or edge frame.
Tie Down Bottom Edge
In windy areas you can tie back the bottom of the panels to keep them in place.
When stacking Florafelt Pocket Panels, add zip ties to the bottom edge to keep the panels from swinging out. This is very important in windy areas and will also keep your bottom flap tucked in properly.
- Locate the protruding staples on the back of the panel.
- Push a zip tie between the staple loop at the bottom most staple.
- Direct the end of the zip tie around the hanging tab of the panel below.
- Complete the zip tie loop and cinch tight.
- Make sure the bottom flap is tucked into and behind the top flap of the panel below.
Learn how to add drip irrigation
Florafelt Pocket Panels can be hand watered with in certain situations with succulents for example. However you’ll have the best experience when you add drip irrigation.