Florafelt Govee Moisture Sensor Setup Guide
The Florafelt Moisture Sensor is designed to work perfectly with the Florafelt Pocket and Pro Living Wall Systems. Our unit uses the Govee WIFI humidity sensor with an extension tube designed to fit over the unit. If you’re handy you can configure a similar setup on your own, or we provide the assembled unit ready-to-use. here
How To Install
To install the unit in your Florafelt System, insert the sensor into the side edge of a pocket to take a reading from the bottom fold where moisture collects. Do not insert into the soil. Place the sensor next to the wrapped plant so it makes contact with the bottom fold of the pocket.
Locate the Sensor in the middle of the living wall and in the 2nd row of the wall. This will provide a reading that will warn you if the wall begins to dry out due to accidental irrigation problems. Avoid the top row so it does not become soaked with the irrigation system.
Observation of the readings from the sensor phone app will help you to adjust your irrigation settings to optimize your living walls overall health.
- Always use in 2nd row down pocket to get the most timely reading for dry outs.
- For large walls locate in the center so it’s easy to find it.
- In the Pro system locate it between the grids so the tube extends down into the system.
- For the bag cover we provide a watertight plastic bag and a rubber band.
- The units require 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection.
- Set your router’s wifi settings to have both 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz.
Protect the Unit from Water Exposure
The electronic unit itself is not waterproof. Use a watertight plastic bag to protect the unit from exposure to water and make secure with a rubber band.
Use a felt cover to hide it in the wall
Use a felt wrap to completely hide the device in your wall.
Install the Govee Phone App
The Govee WIFI Sensor is controlled completely by the Govee phone app.
Upload the app to your phone.