Florafelt How It Works
The Florafelt System
- Made from recycled nylon fiber felt
- Folded into pleated pockets
- Planted with wrapped plants
- Irrigated at the top
- Water wicks down to water each plant
- Roots grow into the felted materials
- Plants can be easily changed
- Modular system can be stacked
- Waterproof backing keeps walls dry
- Can be configured on a rigid panel or draped into frames
See our patent: Vertical Garden Panel, US Patent 8141294B2
Explore our products: Florafelt Products
- Nylon Felt is made from recycled plastic water bottles.
- Water wicks, holds, and releases moisture.
- Roots grow into the moist felt.
- Planting with some soil balances pH and stabilizes moisture.
- Pleated felt design keeps moisture in the system and the front dry.
- The soil breathes to host living microbiology and healthy plants.
The Florafelt Pocket Panel
Our lightweight Florafelt Pocket Panel System uses soft felted pockets and wraps, a simple solution for living walls. Florafelt Pocket Panels have a rigid back covered in breathable felt. Unlike other products our unique patented system of folded felt pockets and wraps allows plants to grow in harmony with the system.
Microfibers Wick Moisture
Our hand-made vertical garden planters are designed to use the micro fibers in nylon felt so that all the plants are watered equally. The felt is made from recycled plastic water bottles, a nylon non-toxic fiber that is indestructible and tough.
A Framework For Life
This amazing material provides a safe growing medium that is pH neutral and non-reactive, so you can garden organically right on your wall – it’s even safe for vegetables and herbs! Roots grow right into the felt, which comes alive thanks to the microbiology in the soil.
Swaddle Your Roots
Our planters come with our custom Root-Wrapping system. This lets you change and arrange your living wall at will, while maintaining the integrity of every plant in its own soil.
So Good it’s Patented
Since 2009 Florafelt Pockets have been used by professional landscapers and home gardeners worldwide. Our patented method can be created in either a panel or draped configuration, and both provide a wide range of vertical planting solutions.
Our folded, pleated felt makes efficient use of materials and is far superior to flat pockets or slit and stapled vertical garden systems. With Florafelt pockets, irrigation from a single drip line at the top, wicks water down and moistens the base of every fold, exactly where roots like to grow.
Florafelt is also easy to assemble, using a single sheet of water wicking, horticulture fabric folded to protect the root ball and keep the surface dry. The root wraps keep things neat and make your garden easy to replant and rearrange, and we only use 100% recycled, PET plastic.
See Patent: Vertical Garden Panel, US Patent 8141294B2
How To Use Root Wrappers
Chris Bribach, the inventor of the Florafelt System demonstrates how to use Root Wrappers. You can use more than one plant in each wrap to create interesting combinations. Filmed at the San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park